Monday, January 6, 2014

SOFT HANDS FOR TENNIS

Tennis girls take notice!

What a title for a post, soft hands? for tennis? Yes, I have been wanting to write a post for a while about the efficient use of hands on the tennis court to optimize my game, plus keep them as strong and moisturized as possible in the winter months.  

So, you have heard of the term "soft hands" in sports? What does this actually mean? It speaks a lot to your mindset, your physical capabilities, your actual use of loose hands and fingers on the grip of the tennis racquet.

Of course, "soft hands" means so much more than the tension on a tennis grip!

From the Wall Street Journal, see how Rafael Nadal has joined the club of tennis winners with soft hands.

Notice how his left fingers are taped, click the photo and read how Nadal is compared to the greats who have mastered "feel" and "touch" ~


courtesy Associated Press
This winter I have two goals for soft hands~

1. To best learn how to have an effective grip and hold my racquet properly with the correct tension and "feel" while maintaining proper stroke production, and

2. To optimize my hand and nail health; my skin gets so dried out especially in the winter that it becomes difficult to even hold a tennis racquet and make the shots I need to make, help!

SOFT HANDS for TENNIS~

I have researched the internet for good video examples of "feel" and "soft hands," and here is a useful one I know that I will refer back to for quite a while! 


Hosted by Brent Abel, from Jeff Salzenstein Tennis~



The take away here is the soft hands of Andy Murray~ that allows him a proper shoulder rotation~ to place his deep backhand return, to set up his next shot for an overhead winner from the net.

Note bene~ Soft hands are also useful making a drop shot at the net.

Keep practicing and look for those opportunities!

NOW, SOFT HANDS for BEAUTY~

You can't play optimum tennis or anything else for that matter unless your hands are truly soft!  Who can play with dry, cut cuticles and peeling, cracked hands? Awful, not good for anything!

For these winter months, having the correct moisturizing of hands and nails can certainly add to your game acumen. In fact I played today, and up against some very tough players, and five minutes out on the court my index finger nail cracked~ it is winter, folks!

My regimen is right now, the holidays are over and no excuses not to take better care.  

Here we go, first, for dry nails and cuticles, I have tested and will use two (2) times a day~

PeterThomasRoth Squalane non-oily oil can be used on the face, your hair, any dry areas, preservative free, pure sugarcane~


You can find it at QVC~


at QVC  for 34.56, free shipping
Next, for SOFT HANDS, I use several moisturizers, depending where I put them, in my purse, in the car, on my desk, there are several, and I love them!

I plan to use these religiously three (3) times a day, while winter persists!

 Clarins Hand and Nail Treatment Cream Trio (Creme Jeunesse des Mains), get it on the Clarins website!

Hand and Nail Treatment Cream Trio Hand and Nail Treatment Cream Trio
Softens and comforts dry, chapped, irritated skin. Helps strengthen nails and condition cuticles for youthful-looking hands, naturally. A $20.00 savings!
3 Travel-Size Hand and Nail Treatment Creams



I also will use Crabtree & Evelyn Moisturizing Hand & Cuticle Cream made with Jojoba Oil~

Moisturising Hand & Cuticle Cream Moisturizing Hand & Cuticle Cream
"
Erase dry hands and flaking cuticles with our Jojoba Oil Moisturising Hand & Cuticle Cream. The powerful combination of sweet almond and jojoba oils ensures your hands and cuticles will be soft, conditioned and supple. Just the way you love them to be.
"



 AND, Jurlique! Hand Cream Trio in Rose, Lavender and Citrus, for any time of day, any time of mood~
 

Jurlique


                     Be gorgeous with beautiful winter hands, soft hands for tennis!

You may also want to read my post POWERFUL LEGS FOR TENNIS, learn about kinetic chain, and what makes Serena Williams a champion!

No comments:

Post a Comment